Plum and hazelnut crumble
This recipe took the ultimate test: NWE cake day. TWICE.
- 1.5kg ripe plums, washed and cut into halves/thirds/quarters
- 270g demerara sugar
- 1.25 tsp cinnamon
- A bag of hazelnuts. Like, 80 grams or something maybe
- 360g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 150g butter
- ~200g light brown sugar
- Put the plums in a dish and sprinkle the demerara sugar on top.
- Put flour in bowl, cut butter into cubes and put in with flour, mix it to make crumbs.
- Mix in most of the light brown sugar and cover the plums with the crumble. Then sprinkle the remaining sugar on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at 180 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes.
To nullify any possible health benefits, eat with double cream.
Typing and design by Gib Hemani